Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Hey family! - April 5, 2015

Wow this week, nothing much actually happened?  I just want to share one thing that really hit me, it was actually today during studies that it happened...


I was reading the book of mormon.  I have been reading through this time with the object of learning how to be more patient, more loving, and better with rude people on the street especially.  As I was reading I was in second nephi, chapter 4.  And I came across this verse:  

 27 And why should yield to sin, because of my flesh?Yea, why should give way to temptationsthat the evil one have place in my heart to destroy my peace and afflict my soul? 

This is in the middle of Nephi letting us know that he is having a rough time with the sins around him, and how he has been looking to god for help.  Then He said the part that really hit me:

Why am angry because of mine enemy?

Why am I angry?... 

I asked myself that question several times during study.  Why am I angry with the people on the street?  Why am I angry with myself?  It was hard.  I almost started crying.  Why am I sooo angry with these people? And why cant I overcome these feelings??? Why cant I just walk away, instead of getting so angry and letting it affect me and my companionship?  

Then Nephi gave me my answer.  What I needed to do:
 28 Awake, my soul! No longer droop in sin. Rejoice, my heart, and give place no more fothe enemy of my soul
 29 Do not anger again because of mine enemies
 30 Rejoice, my heartand cry unto the Lord
 31 Lord, wilt thou redeem my soul? Wilt thou deliver me out of the hands of mine enemies?
 33Lord, wilt thou make wafor mine escape before mine enemies,Wilt thou not place stumbling block in my way—but that thou wouldst clear my way before me, and hedge not up mway, but the ways of mine enemy.
 35 Yea, know that God will give liberally to him that asketh. Yea, my God will give me, if ask not amiss;

Thats it!!! My focus has been wrong all along.  I have been praying for months, asking the Lord on my knees to smite these people, or give them what they deserve, or something along those lines.  I have asked for their hearts to be changed.  I have pleaded for these things. When in fact, what I needed to do was turn in.  Ask for the Lord to help me.  Give me patience, make a way for me to get away from mine enemies.  I have been asking the lord amiss, and have not received.  Now I know that I will be able to overcome, because I have asked for the right thing.

I know that the scriptures have answers to literally every question that you can bring it.  They can help you in all times, in all places.  They are God's words to his children on earth.  And the words of the prophets are also the same!  they are Gods words to us!  Know this my brothers and sisters that GOD LOVES US AND HE CARES ABOUT US and that HE HELPS US WHENEVER WE ASK HIM FOR IT.  As long as we ask for the right things. This I know, and I share with all of you, in the name of Jesus Christ. 


Elder Yamagata!

Ps. ONe investigator came to church. stayed one hour. pointed an imaginary gun at our Ward mission leaders head, and shot it, then ran out the church.  Great week for investigators!  Love all of you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment