Sunday, June 29, 2014

Last week in Ilsan :(((((

So the transfer calls came, the bell has tolled on my time here in Ilsan.  Im going to 도봉 now, pronounced DoeBowng. Hahaah,  I will be with elder anderson out there. Im super Excited to go!
Just a rundown of this week really quick:

Monday:  The buddhist temple was amazing and all of us that went had a blast!  It was a beautiful place and they were super nice and friendly to us :)  Afterwards we street contacted!!!

Tuesday:  Did most of my 4th lesson pass off during studies!  Im almost done with being a certified teacher in my mission!  It was super hard as my district leader had me teach 2 principles back to back and of course the two he picked were word of wisdom and keeping the sabbath day holy.  And he was acting super hard too, giviing all the usual excuses as to why its not right and then some crazy ones I have never heard,  But Alas I persevered and had fun doing it too!  We street contacted for about 3 1/2 hours had dinner and then started doing some less active hunting.  We had to walk about an hour away just to start looking for them.  But we had great success!!!! We found 2, one was an accident as we were asking someone for directions and he told us that he was baptized a year ago but hasnt been in months!  But he isnt busy on sundays..... what the heck -_-.  The other one we knocked on his door and no one answered, as we were making the note that says we came by, someone walked up to the door and started putting in the code to walk in, so smith stopped him and talked while I pulled a picture out of the ones who supposedly live there and it was him, but he told elder smith his name was different.  LIES!!! hahah so it was great to find 2 less actives!  But on the way there a truck drove by and kicked up a massive splash that soaked me, it had been raining all day, and it was also like 80 outside and humid already so I didnt dry off at all.... miserable! But fun!

Wednesday:  zone training!  Soooooooo goood!!!! Like absolutely the best zone training I have ever had!  We did some of the usual stuff, but then our zone leaders and sister training leaders had us get into our districts, write the name of everyone down, and then associate them with a christlike attriubute. Then after we finished that we told everyone in the circle what we associated them with and why.  Lets just say, tears were shed by a lot of people that day as we opened up about why we look up to everyone.  As we continue our focus on Becoming a Disciple of Jesus Christ, I would like to share something with you that Elder chisholm gave me last night (wednesday is going to go on for a bit)  HE got this from our Mission President as he was giving one of his talks...

"The Fellowship of the Unashamed"

I am a part of the fellowship of the unashamed, the dye has been cast.  I have stepped over the line.  The decision has been made.

I AM A DISCIPLE OF JESUS CHRIST

I wont look back, let up, slow down, or be still.  My past is redeemed, my present makes sense, and my future is secure.  I'm finished and done with low living, small planning, smooth knees, colorless dreams, tamed visions, worldly talking, cheap giving, and dwarfed goals.  I no longer need pre-eminence, positions, promotions, plaudits, or popularity.  I don't have to be right, first, recognized, praised, regarded, or rewarded.  I now live by Faith, lean on HIS presence, walk with patience, I am uplifted by prayer, and labor with power.  My face is set, my gait is fast, my goal is Heaven.  My road is narrow, my way is rough, my companions are few, my Guide is reliable, my mission is clear.  I cannot be bought, compromised, detoured, lured away, divided, or delayed.  I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of the adversary, negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity, or meander in the maze of mediocrity.  I wont give up, shut up, or let up until I have stayed up, stored up, and paid up for the cause of Christ.  I must go till He comes, give till I drop, preach till all know, and work till he stops me.  And when He returns for His own, He will have no problem recognizing me.  My banner will be clear.

What an amazing, encouraging, quote!  I am determined to follow this.  We in the house have especially taken to liking the line "I wont give up, shut up, or let up until I have stayed up, stored up, and paid up for the cause of Christ."  Thats definitely us, we dont stop when someone waves us off.  We dont shut up because we are tired.  We dont give up when we lose all of our investigators.  We girdle up, work harder, move faster, talk to more people.  Its what we do, its what we have been called to do.  We also recite 3 Nephi 5:13 every single day during companion ship study:  "Behold, I am a disiciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God.  I have been called of him to declare His word among His people, that they might have everlasting life."  I feel the spirit everytime we recite that because I know my part in heavenly Fathers plan for all of his children.  I know what my purpose is!  I know that becoming more like him will bless all of us!!!! 

I dont feel like going on with the week now, but I have to haha

 after zone training finished my fourth lesson pass off teaching keeping the sabbath day holy and follow the prophet.  Very fun, now just Zone leaders and APs left! Then after that we went to a buffet with a member of our ward for his daughters first birthday! Sooooo delicious!  and maybe expensive.... felt kinda bad but hey!   It was fun!

Thursday:  Lots of Jundo followed that night by a lesson with our Investigator Bak Yung Soo.  He was really cool and has a lot of gospel interest, too bad we have to leave him here, because both me and elder smith are leaving our area!!!!  It is sooooo sad!

Friday:  We had to go to the othe house in our area to take elder Buck over there because elder simons was leaving to go back to america, he was about 8 months out.  It was really sad to see him leave.  And now we only have 5 in our house. And I am in a 3 some for the second time since being in korea and Ilsan!  But it is super fun!  That night we went with our district leader to see one of his investigators dwight, a ghetto man from ohio.  Super funny and super fun, taught him a bit and he was cool and receptive!

Saturday:  All day splits while we had sooo many appointments and other stuff going on, couldnt handle it all so we had a 3 way exchange happening.  Super fun!  Had to leave english class to go with Elder hendershot my district leader out to a sudden lesson at a buffet, kinda fun but then got transfer calls that night!  Super fun!!! Im going to Dobong, Elder Smith to Chunchon, Elder hendershot to Dong Dae Moon, and Sister Hunsaker is dying next week!!!! We are super sad to see her go!  WE will allll miss her sooo much!


Sunday:  We gave our last testimonies in sacrament meeting and had some tearful good byes with some memebers, and at one point I was hugged by a random laurel in our ward who asked for my email facebook and selfies with me.... weird hahaha.  LAter that day we had a meal with a member at his home and had a great time.  Sooo many laughs and games, and great teaching practice!  "This is the scenario we are at my club in compton (he served in LA on his mission).  We had a great time with him and his family and all of us leaving missionaries!



So overall its been an action packed week!  Im packing up these next couple days and gettting ready to ship out!  We are super excited.  But more importantly Im excited that I am called of him to be a missionary!!!! What a great experience is this!  I love being here in Korea with all my friends and all these people that god loves!  

Well I hope everyone has a great week, be safe and I love all of you!

God be with you till we meet again!


Elder Yamagata


oh and for pictures go here

No comments:

Post a Comment