Monday, September 14, 2015

The days feel like months, weeks like seconds

Wow, this week has really been a blast and at the same time it has been forever and a half. 

This week has been filled with some great moments, though.  The first was a little less spiritual and that was buying a new camera.  I know it's late in my mission, but the thing I was using is junk now so I got rid of it, instead opting for the Samsung galaxy camera which has been a sick buy for my mission, brought my picture count back up because I actually want to take pictures.  It has been super cool and a great toy to play with on my mission.  Anyways~!  check out my google plus account or my blog to see all the pictures I have been uploading!

But then the next thing from this week was the opportunity to have my president and wife and our assistants to the president come to my district meeting this week.  After the meeting I was given a blessing for all the stuff that has been going on lately and was blessed that I would be able to fulfill my purpose as a missionary, which was something that I have definitely needed.  With all the stress of everything that is going on lately, I needed some love.  After the craziness of the day, our mission president took all of my district out to have 닭비 갈
which is a really good chicken spicy dish that is the specialty of the area.  It was extremely good.  

Saturday and Sunday were extra special!  It was Stake Conference!  On top of it just being a really great experience, our stake presidency was changed!  Our very hard working stake president was finally released after serving for 10 years (for the second time) as a stake president.  What a great man shows the strength of the members here in Korea.  Also, we were blessed to have a seventy come to our conference and offer great talks.  He talked to everyone, but it was great to hear him say one thing that kind of brought me back to reality.  He said, "Don't cheapen the atonement, it can fix anything, heal any scar.  It just requires your heart, all of it."  And It was great to hear that I can be clean and free of anything, I just have to be willing to do it!  I'm so grateful for the atonement in my life and for Christ and his willingness to do all things for us.  This life is still hard and filled with challenges that test our faith and we still have to live the commandments and so on and so forth, but It's always great to know that if I just continue to do all of the things that Christ has asked of me, nothing can ever go permanently wrong.  

The last thing (and it seems it always happens on Monday morning) spiritual this week was the great study I had this morning.  I was studying about how to control anger, and how to really become master of myself, when the simple words of a lost time came to my head at the cue of something I read in "For the Strength of Youth".  It simply said, "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it at all."  I laughed at this, till I realized the simplicity and beauty of it. then this came "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."  Really truly, words from a lost time.  When I was younger I would see those words and think, yeah whatever, I don't have those problems.  But how often have I??? They have always been there and I have figured out one of the pieces of the puzzle!  Just don't say anything!  That wasn't just a saying, this was a proverb of wisdom on key with the great philosophers of the world.  So I am excited to try out this new tidbit wisdom in my daily life here.

You know none of us are perfect, but if we all strive each and every day to be more perfect, the world will be a much better place!

I love all of you and can't wait to reunite with family and friends, but until then I gotta sprint to the finish.

With much love

선형수 장로
Elder Yamagata

No comments:

Post a Comment