Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Speaking as one having Authority! 3-8-15

Wow this week went by super fast!  I felt like it was just yesterday I was emailing everyone!  Great to hear that everyone is safe

This week was definitely a roller coaster and a half.  The first thing that I wanted to share is that for anyone looking for a great read in the bible, I recommend Ecclesiastes.  The writer really shows the beauty of the transitoriness of this world.  That everything is temporary, but with the knowledge of the plan of salvation, we know that everything from this world will be left behind, but our relationships, loved ones, etc will move with us onto the next life.  I'm eternally grateful for the plan of salvation and the knowledge of the gospel of Jesus christ in my life!

This week also we dropped our investigator David, the semi-crazy guy from last week!  WE taught him for 2 hours and finished our discussion of the plan of salvation, the validity of the Book of Mormon, etc with 2 Nephi 33:10-11:

10 And now, my beloved brethren, and also Jew, and all ye ends of the earth, hearken unto these words and believe in Christ; and if ye believe not in these words believe in Christ. And if ye shall believe in Christ ye will believe in these words, for they are the words of Christ, and he hath given them unto me; and they teach all men that they should do good.
 11 And if they are not the words of Christ, judge ye—for Christ will show unto you, with power and great glory, that they are his words, at the last day; and you and I shall stand face to face before his bar; and ye shall know that I have been commanded of him to write these things, notwithstanding my weakness.
What a powerful ending as I looked him in the eye and told him, with the support of my two companions at the time, in essence, "Well David, we will see you at the Judgement Bar then, and I and my companions and millions will testify to you of the truthfulness of God's word. "  He felt the Spirit as the words, not my words but the words of the Spirit, came from my mouth.  He told us he wants to be remembered as the man who told us that we believe in a false book and prophet and mock the bible.  As we left the cafe, my companions elder day and olson both said "Yeah, we will remember him at the last day."  It was slightly funny, but I came away from that cafe that day knowing that we were servants of God, that we spoke the words of Christ, and that the Lord protects and testifies through his servatns.  What an extremely powerful experience!  I know it sounds like we were rude, but we only spoke the things taht the Spirit gave us.  We told each other and ourselves not to argue or fight, and thats all he wanted to do and tried to prove every concept taht we believed in was wrong.  We spoke as ones having authority!  It was a great spiritual experience, and we walked home singing Called to Serve loud and proud.  
 This week we also had an awesome miracle of a man coming to the church and ringing our doorbell.  We answered the door to a wonderful: "I want to know about the Latter Day Saint Church."  We were in the middle of weekly planning, but you better believe we dropped everything to teach this man.  Taught for 30 minutes before having to go back and finish.  What a great miracle from God!  He was supposed to come to church on Sunday but didn't make it for some reason.  We don't have his number so we are praying that he will come again.  
Well this week was amazing, it all goes faster and faster and snowballs until we come to the end of our time.  One of my companions once gave me this reason for time going faster as we get older, longer, etc:  "Well if you think about it, when you were 5, the reason why it seemed like a year was so long was because it was 1/5 of your life.  Now your 21 and its only 1/21 of your life.  As you get older eventually its 1/60 or 1/80 of your life."  Some profound words, but true, as we get older, or longer into something, the time we spend in it becomes shorter because of its percentage, on the whole.  Remember that as we go about our time here.  Our time here on Earth is precious and needs to be spent wisely.  This time is a time for men to prepare to meet God.  I pray that each one of us is doing all we can to prepare to meet God. Reading the scriptures, regular church attendance and sacrament, temple attendance is all fine and dandy.  But also, spending time with your family (or husband/wife), practicing skills like music or art, increasing our learning, understanding, wisdom.  All of this is extremely important to returning to the presence of our Heavenly Father.  Remember this: Therein Lies wisdom brethren (and sisters).
I love all of you.  May the Grace of our Lord Jesus Christ fall upon all of you this week!
With much love, 

Elder Yamagata
https://plus.google.com/u/0/117955201172198470717/posts/V6wakqq6sWZ?cfem=1&pid=6124062414698383154&oid=117955201172198470717

No comments:

Post a Comment