Monday, December 7, 2015

Last time best time!

Well, that's all folks, the 2 years are over.  I'm coming home.  As I was thinking this morning about what I wanted to say in my last email home, 2 thoughts came to my mind that I would share.

1. It has been an awesome experience to come on a mission.  To really develop in so many ways and learn things that would take me 10 years to learn back at home!  But most importantly. I have gained a stronger, more surefounded testimony of the savior of the world, the Lord Jesus Christ.  (Which if you knew me about 4 years ago, you would think I was agnostic or atheist or something... see how far I've come? haha)  I am grateful that I was able to stand as a witness of Him for two years in Korea.  And as people yelled and spit, screamed and cursed at me, I stood and testified like I would in front of a jury, that Jesus Christ lives, and that he loves us, and that His TRUE CHURCH is restored again to this earth.  And no matter what anyone says or does, my testimony remains sure and strong.  This is His work.  This is His Church.  And those who fight against it will not fight for long. 

2. As I walked to the PC 방 this morning getting ready to email, I was thinking about why I had to come on a mission.  There are the obvious reasons of serving and priesthood obligations, etc.  But one thing really stuck out to me.  I had to go through Hell to learn some of the best lessons of life.  The words of a song that I heard a while back came to my head, "I know it's gotta go like this I know.  Hell will always come before you Grow." (Roots, Imagine Dragons).  And I just chuckled to myself and said, "Wow, I guess that's true.  I really had to go through hell to learn some of the most valuable and important lessons of my life."  BUT!!!  Would I change that?  Would I go back given the chance and not go on a mission?....  OF COURSE NOT!!!!!  This has been the best two years [for my life] of my life!  I have made life long friends and learned life long lessons.  Yeah, it was hard, but it was work, DUH!  Of course, it will be hard!  If it wasn't hard it wasnt worth it!  I have sweated, screamed, bled, and cried for this work.  And I would do it again.  I did as Elder Holland said, "am asking you to leave all this and to go teach and testify, labor and serve loyally until the day in which they will do to you exactly what they did to me.” 

And Although  I wasn't crucified, I still have suffered just a bit of what my savior suffered for me.  And I'm proud of it.  I finish this mission and this letter off in the right way:

In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

선형수 장로
Elder Yamagata

No comments:

Post a Comment